Food hygiene training videos
These videos provide best practice guidance on a number of potential food safety issues.
Short videos on food safety issues
These 10 short videos provide best practice guidance on a number of potential food safety issues. Each video is about a minute long and covers specific food hygiene practices.
The videos include:
- effective handwashing
- chilling foods down as quickly as possible
- checking that foods are cooked thoroughly
- effective cleaning
- what to do if a member of staff is ill at work
- keeping pests out of your business, what to look for and the action to take
The videos are available via the Agency's YouTube channel.
Bacteria Bite Business
The FSA's Bacteria Bite Business video demonstrates the importance of good food hygiene, focusing on the 4 Cs (Cleaning, Cooking, Chilling and Cross-contamination). This is now available to view online.
The film shows kitchen staff, in a surreal café setting, making the mistakes that can lead to food poisoning. It also tells viewers what to do to make sure food will be safe to eat.
Watching the video is a fun way to introduce people to the basics of food hygiene, and also to remind more experienced people of how important it is to practice good food hygiene at all times.
This video is a useful training tool for:
- catering businesses
- retail businesses that do some food preparation
- local authorities
- food hygiene trainers, schools and colleges