Last updated on 3 July 2012
Breckland Orchard recalls certain date codes of various fruit-based drinks due to the potential risk of bottle breakage
Recalled from customers
- Breckland Orchard Blackcurrant & Raspberry, 275ml
- Breckland Orchard Cloudy Lemonade, 275ml
- Breckland Orchard Cream Soda, 275ml
- Breckland Orchard Ginger Beer with Chilli. 275ml
- Breckland Orchard Pear & Elderflower, 275ml and 750ml
- Breckland Orchard Strawberry & Rhubarb, 275ml
Best before dates
March 2013 and April 2013*
*Corrected 4 July 2012
Due to a process failure, there is a risk of fermentation of the above products, which may result in breakage of the glass bottle.
Action taken by the company
As a precautionary measure, Breckland Orchard is in the process of recalling the affected products from consumers. Point-of-sale notices will also be issued explaining the reason for recall and the actions consumers can take if they have bought the affected product(s).
No other Breckland Orchard products are known to be affected.
Advice to consumers
If you have purchased any of the products mentioned above with the affected date code(s), do not consume them. Please refer to the attached point-of-sale notice for further details on what action to take if you have purchased the affected product(s).