Code review: comments by 4 February 2015
The proposed amendments would:
- Revise and clarify arrangements for food establishment registration and inspections of mobile food establishments, ships and aircrafts to remove unnecessary regulatory activity.
- Revise competency and qualification requirements for local authority officers engaged in official controls and other regulatory activities to better target enforcement resources and ensure greater consistency.
The full consultation can be found http://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates/consultations/2014/food-law-cop-england-review.
Changes published April 2014
The changes to the Code published in April 2014 included:
- clarification of the descriptors used to rate and assign intervention frequencies at food establishments
- greater focus on businesses with persistent or serious non compliances by reducing the frequency of interventions in those businesses with good management controls in place
- a reduction in dual enforcement in a small number of establishments currently subject to both FSA and local authority control.
The Food Law Code can be accessed in a web-based format (see below). Any associated information can be found in the on-page guidance box or via related links. Authorities are advised to refer to this online version of the Code to ensure they have the most up-to-date guidance.
If authorities do need to access the downloadable versions of either the Code or the Practice Guidance, these can be found towards the end of this page.
If you have any suggestions on how the FSA can improve the functionality of these pages, please email us at [email protected]. We are keen to develop this format to suit your needs. If you have any queries about the content of the Code of Practice, please contact:
Code of Practice and Guidance Team
Local Delivery Division
1st floor, Aviation House
London, WC2B 6NH
tel: 020 7276 8128 email: [email protected]