General information for the Local Authority Enforcement Monitoring System (LAEMS)
General specification and overview of the system, with guidance on the delivery process and mapping of local authority activity/product/premises codes to the required Food Standards Agency (FSA) monitoring categories.
Step-by step guidance on how to use the Local Authority Enforcement Monitoring System (LAEMS), including uploading data, mapping categories, making adjustments and identifying errors. All documents are pdfs.
- LAEMS Process Flow
- Managing user passwords
- Guidance on how to upload data to LAEMS
- Email notification and upload errors
- Guidance on how to map monitoring categories
- Review data summaries and make adjustments
- Check business rule
- Sign-off data
- Manually entering data
- Guidance for authorities unable to supply data to LAEMS via an XML file
- Template for supply of premises records for authorities unable to supply data to LAEMS via an XML file
- Exporting from LAEMS to .csv and opening in Microsoft Excel
Information relating to the Local Authority Enforcement Monitoring System (LAEMS), including Frequently Asked Questions and the data requirement.
More in this section
Definitions of Food Standards Agency (FSA) monitoring categories for LAEMS, including 'premises', 'sampling' and 'enforcement'.
Imported food control data is required from all local authorities including inland authorities as well as all port health authorities and authorities with 'point of entry' responsibility.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has published guidance on Accurate Reporting Through LAEMS.