Last updated on 2 March 2011
Guide to charges for official controls published
The Food Standards Agency has published an updated guide on charges for meat hygiene controls. The guide is for food business operators of approved meat premises in Britain, and comes into effect from Monday 28 March 2011.
The guide, which can be found via the link towards the end of this page, has been sent to food business operators (FBOs) of slaughterhouses and meat cutting plants.
About the guide
The guide aims to help FBOs understand:
- why charges are made for the services that we provide
- what is included in the charges and how they are calculated
- the ways that FBOs can reduce their charges
- the frequency with which FBOs will be billed for these services and how they can pay
- what FBOs can do if they are unhappy with their charges