Last updated on 25 March 2013
Kit Kat Chunky bars recalled
Nestle are recalling some of their Kit Kat Chunky bars and an Easter egg due to seven people reporting small pieces of plastic in the bars.
As a precautionary measure, the company has recalled the following:
- Kit Kat Chunky Peanut Butter (48g) 'Best before' date range: September 2013 to February 2014
- Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut (48g) 'Best before' date range: September 2013 to October 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Choc Fudge (48g) 'Best before' date range: September 2013 to October 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Caramel (48g) 'Best before' date range: June 2013 To July 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Hazelnut Multipack 'Best before' date range: September 2013 To December 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Collection Giant Egg 'Best before' date: July 2013
- Kit Kat Chunky Choc Fudge Multipack (3 x 48g) 'Best before' date range: October 2013 to December 2013*
* This product has been added since original publication.
No other Kit Kat or Nestle products are affected.
Nestle is advising anyone who has bought any of the above products not to eat it, but to return it unopened for a full refund to:
KIT KAT CHUNKY Recall
PO Box 205
York, YO91 1XB
Consumers wanting more information can telephone FREEPHONE (land line only) 0800 604604 8am to 8pm.
About product recalls and withdrawals
If there is a problem with a food product that means it should not be sold, then it might be 'withdrawn' (taken off the shelves) or 'recalled' (when customers are asked to return the product). The Food Standards Agency issues Product Withdrawal Information Notices and Product Recall Information Notices to let consumers and local authorities know about problems associated with food. In some cases, a 'Food Alert for Action' is issued. This provides local authorities with details of specific action to be taken on behalf of consumers.
You can get FSA alerts about product recalls and withdrawals either by email or SMS text. Visit the 'Email updates' link below this story to find out how.