FSA in Northern Ireland
About FSA in Northern Ireland
Our offices are based at Clarendon Dock, Belfast.
Roles and responsibilities
We are responsible for devolved matters relating to food safety, standards, nutrition and dietary health in Northern Ireland, and our responsibilities include:
- Advising Ministers on food safety and standards issues
- Developing policy and proposing legislation
- Providing timely and effective responses to food and feed incidents
- Setting standards and auditing district councils’ food enforcement activities
- Setting standards and auditing meat hygiene, feedingstuffs, eggs and milk enforcement by DARD
- Encouraging food producers and caterers to reduce the levels of saturated fat, salt and calories in food products
- Giving the public advice on diet and nutrition and food safety issues
More in this section
A complete list of contact details specific to the Northern Ireland Food Standards Agency staff, including telephone numbers and email details.
The Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee acts as an independent advisory body to the Food Standards Agency. It is chaired by the Northern Ireland Board member, and its role is to advise the Agency on food safety and standards issues, with particular emphasis to Northern Ireland.