Open Government Licence (“OGL”)
Use of proprietary information available at food.gov.uk/ratings is subject to the terms of the Open Government Licence (“OGL”)
Food Hygiene Rating Scheme (FHRS) Disclaimer
Last updated: 28th April 2017
To the extent that any FHRS related information is exempt from the terms of the OGL (“exempt information”), the following terms and conditions apply to its use.
1. The exempt information must be used in accordance with the FHRS ‘Brand Standard’
2. In use, the exempt information must reflect the current rating of the establishment. The ratings are subject to change as they reflect the standards found when a business is assessed by local authority food safety officers when they inspect or visit the establishment. Users are reminded that displaying or otherwise using an invalid or inaccurate rating may constitute a criminal offence.
3. The exempt information may be owned by a third party or third parties (“third party information”) and the use of third party information must comply with any conditions imposed by its owner and with the general law.
4. The exempt information must not be used in a way which suggests that the Food Standards Agency FSA [or Food Standards Scotland FSS] endorse that use or the user, or endorse any individual food business, chain of food businesses, website, smartphone application or other online application.
5. The exempt information is provided “as is”, and is subject to change and discontinuance without notice.
6. Neither the FSA, [FSS], nor any third party provides any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the exempt information for any particular purpose.
7. By using the exempt information you acknowledge that the exempt information may contain inaccuracies or errors and agree that neither the FSA, [FSS], nor any third party is liable for any such inaccuracies or errors or for any direct or indirect loss caused by the use of the exempt information.
8. From time to time www.food.gov.uk/ratings may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience and to provide further information. They do not signify that the FSA, [FSS], nor any third party endorses the linked website(s) or accept any responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
9. A failure to comply with the whole or any part of this disclaimer means that your permission to use the exempt information ends with immediate effect.
10. Your use of the exempt information is subject to the laws of England and Wales.