Norma is a former Senior Civil Servant who spent her career working for the Welsh Office and the Welsh Government.
Her policy and delivery experience has covered the food chain from farm to fork. In her latter role in Government, Norma was concerned with strategic development and marketing of the food and drink production and processing sectors. Previously, she was involved with supporting the growth and diversification of farm businesses, whilst safeguarding public health by developing policies to combat the spread of animal and plant diseases. She has also handled policies in relation to the politically sensitive issue of commercialisation of genetically modified crops.
Norma has extensive central government experience and an excellent knowledge of Wales’s economic, political and social challenges. She has worked in numerous policy areas, including rural affairs, community regeneration, European funding, energy, ICT, business and the environment, company college links and social services. Norma has effective public relations skills and is known for her ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
Consultancies and/or direct employment
- Owner of a consultancy company, InsideOut Organisational Solutions
- InsideOut Organisational Solutions
- Director of Cotyledon Community Interest Company
- Director of Pontcanna Management Company
- Various investments in managed funds
Clubs and organisations
- Bannatynes Health Club
- Virgin Active
Other personal interests
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Member of Welsh Water
- Chair of Tai Calon Housing Association
Land and property
Other public appointments
- Member of Welsh Government Food Policy Board
Other non-personal interests