Fiona Hanna - Member of the Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee
Outlines the professional history and qualifications of the members of the Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee.
Fiona Hanna is a Chartered Accountant and Principle of her own accountancy practice. She is a Board member of the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute a Director of Mourne, Gullion and Lecale Rural Development Partnership. She is also a former Board member (to April 2019) of the Ulster Farmers’ Union.
She is also involved in the management of the family arable farming business. The farm is a member of the Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured Cereals Scheme.
Consultancies and/or direct employment
- Principle in own Accountancy Practice (Some clients are involved in primary food production, however Fiona is not involved in the management decisions of clients’ businesses)
Fee Paid Work
- Director and Shareholder in Hanna Arable Limited (the company is an arable farm growing and selling grain mainly for animal feeds. The farm is a member of the Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured Cereals Scheme as operated by NIFCC)
Clubs and other organisations
- Member of Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster
- Member of Ulster Farmers’ Union (with spouse)
- Member of Ulster Farmers’ Union Next Generation Forum
- Member of Chartered Accountants Ireland
Other Personal Interests
- Board Member of Mourne, Gullion & Lecale Rural Development Partnership (unpaid role, expenses reimbursed)
- Treasurer to the Steering Committee for Bank of Ireland Open Farm Weekend (unpaid role)
Land and Property
- Joint ownership with spouse of our family home
- Spouse: owns farm land which is farmed actively by Hanna Arable Limited
Other public appointments
- Non Executive Board Member of Agri-Food & Biosciences Institute
Other non-personal interests
- Parents & Brother: farm in partnership on a dairy farm (Fiona has no financial or other involvement in this business)