Skip to main content

Privacy notice – Report a food problem

Information about the privacy policy for reporting a food problem. Why we need the data, what we do with it and your rights.
Last updated

Why we need it

The Food Standards Agency will act as ‘Controller’ of the personal data provided to us. We collect this information to provide local authorities with your details so they can investigate the food problem you have reported.

What we do with it

We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to support Local Authorities and in line with our retention policy. This means the information you provide will be shared with the Local Authority. Your personal details will then be deleted from our records and retained by the Local Authority only for as long as they need it.

The personal data we process is located on servers within the European Union.

Our cloud based services have been procured through Government Framework Agreements. These services have been assessed against the National Cyber Security Centre principles.

To maintain this service, information may be accessed by third parties supporting the development and maintenance of our digital services.

Your rights

You have a right to see the information we hold on you by making a request in writing to the email address below. If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to have it corrected. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.

If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

You can contact our Data Protection Officer who is the Information Management and Security Team Leader at the following email address.

Report a food problem