Ronnie is a former Chief Environmental Health Officer for Welsh Government. He is a Consumer Advocate for the Consumer Council for Water, a member of the National Assembly for Wales Remuneration Board and has recently been appointed as a Non-Executive Director for Estyn. In addition, he holds an appointment as Independent Chair of the Standards Committee at Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council and has membership of the Standards Committee for the South Wales Fire and Rescue Service.
Ronnie had a civil service career spanning over 20 years. Prior to that, he worked for many local authorities in environmental health inspection and enforcement, including in food safety. He completed his training as an Environmental Health Officer in Ulster and gained further qualifications in pollution control and acoustics. He held a variety of posts within his specialist area in Ulster and England before working for Welsh Government.
He has a considerable track record of engaging with the public, professionals and politicians at all levels to influence policy.
Consultancies and/or direct employment
- Chartered Environmental Health Practitioner
- Self-employed consultant
- Local Customer Advocate and Wales Committee member for the Consumer Council for Water
- Chair of the Standards Committee for Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
- Member of the Standards Committee for South Wales Fire and Rescue Service
- Member of the Passenger Panel for Arriva Trains Wales
- Non-executive Director of Estyn
- Member of the Remuneration Board for the National Assembly for Wales
- Director of RA and CJ Consulting Ltd
- RA and CJ Consulting Ltd
- Friends Life
- Standard Life
Clubs and other organisations
Other personal interests
Land and property
Other public appointments
Other non-personal interests