Agenda and Papers
Welsh Food Advisory Committee Meeting
10:00-10:15 (15 mins) Arrival and refreshments
10:15-10:20 (5 minutes) Minutes of last open meeting
10:20-10:35 (15 mins) Chair's Report
10:35-10:50 (15 mins) Interim Director's Report
10:50-11:45 (55 mins) Allergens – open discussion
Areas to explore:
• What is the pattern of food allergies or intolerances
in Wales - does it differ to other parts of UK in distinct ways?
• What are consumer and stakeholder concerns?
• Welsh and Welsh language social media insights surrounding allergens.
• What is the provider landscape for ‘free from’ foods in Wales?
• Does the regulatory approach adopted in each country appear
to make a difference to the protection and interests of food allergic consumers?
• Any other relevant aspects?
11.45 Close of open meeting