Agenda and Papers
Welsh Food Advisory Committee Meeting
10:00-10:15 (15 mins) Registration and coffee
10:15-10:20 (5 mins) Minutes of last open meeting
10:20-10:35 (15 mins) Chair's Report
10:35-10:50 (15 mins) Interim Director's Report
10:50-11:45 (55 mins) Open Discussion - Allergens
Areas to explore:
- What is the pattern of food allergies or intolerances in Wales. Does it differ to other parts of the UK in distinct ways?
- What are consumer and stakeholder concerns?
- Welsh and Welsh language social media insights surrounding allergens.
- What is the provider landscape for 'free from' foods in Wales?
- Does the regulatory approach adopted in each country appear to make a difference to the protection and interests of food allergic consumers?
- Any other relevant aspects?
11:45 Close of open meeting