You have now considered the following:
- A summary of the activities carried out at the Carib Bayou
- Details of the range of foods that they prepare
- Details of the premises history
- Details of the staff currently employed
- Some information regarding the use of SFBB by the business
- Some information about the food hygiene practices used by the business
- A number of photographs and video clips of the kitchen.
With any exercise of this kind there are limitations as to what can be included in the scenario so you must limit your deliberations only to the information provided here and avoid speculation over what possibly might be so. Where there is no information on an issue, the assumption should be that there were no adverse food hygiene issues at the time and so you should score only on the basis of what is revealed to and by the inspecting officer. Please note down your scores for the following three elements of the intervention risk rating at set out in section 5.6 of the Food Law Code of Practice to give the establishment its food hygiene risk rating:
- Current compliance (Hygiene)
- Current compliance (Structure)
- Confidence in management/control procedures.
You may wish to consult the following documents:
- Annex II, Regulation (EC) 852/2004
- Chapter 5.6, Food Law Code of Practice (England)
- Annex 5, Food Law Code of Practice (Wales)
- Annex 5, Food Law Code of Practice (Northern Ireland)
- The 'Brand Standard'
- The Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Act 2013 and Food Hygiene Rating (Wales) Regulations 2013: guidance for food authorities
You can now compare your scores with the expected outcome and view the officer’s inspection report.