This regular Food Standards Agency (FSA) event is part of the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Festival of Social Science, in partnership this year with the University of Sheffield.
Presentations will cover how the increasingly digital world has changed how we buy and eat food, and how digital data collection and analysis can inform our understanding.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Jose Balenos, Post-Doctoral Research Officer, FSA
- Alexandra Boutopoulou, PhD Candidate, Information School University of Sheffield
- Ben Glover, Deputy Research Director, Demos
- Lucy Hart, Analyst, Foundry4
- Helen Heard, Social Science, FSA
- Professor Peter Jackson, Co-Director of the University of Sheffield, Institute for Sustainable Food
- Amy M. Lando, Social Scientist, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Professor Robin May, University of Birmingham and Chief Scientific Adviser to the FSA
- Professor Rick Mumford, Head of Science, Evidence and Research Directorate, FSA
- Michelle Patel, Head of Social Science, FSA
- Julie Pierce, Director of Openness, Data and Digital, and Wales, FSA
- Katharine Porter, Social Science, FSA
- Dr Christian Reynolds, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Food Policy, City University, and visiting researcher, at the Department of Geography, University of Sheffield
- Anna Rudkevych, Senior Research Manager, Pulsar
- Dr Patten Smith, Research Director, IPSOS Mori and visiting professor at Surrey University
- Domagoj Vrbos and Giorgia Zamariola, Social Science, Strategic Communications, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Beatrix Siemering, Strategic Surveillance, FSA
The event will offer an excellent opportunity for anyone in the social science or policy making community to hear about how social science directly informs real life policy making in a government context.
As well as learning about the work and priorities of the FSA, funding opportunities and emerging ideas, it is also a networking opportunity to put you in touch with experts from academia, industry and policy.
To register for this free event, please go to our Eventbrite page.