Skip to main content
English Cymraeg
Wild Game guidance

Contacts, approvals and registration general

Information on how to contact if you have any further queries regarding food hygiene legal requirements.

Last updated: 25 July 2022
Last updated: 25 July 2022


If further clarification is required or you have any queries regarding the food hygiene legal requirements which apply to wild game and wild game meat, please contact the FSA’s Meat Hygiene Policy team using the following email address:


To seek approval for an AGHE please contact the approvals team at FSA using the following email address: 

•    England and Wales:;
•    Northern Ireland:

For more information on the approval process, please refer to the approvals page on the FSA website.


If you supply wild game and wild game meat into the food chain and you do not fall within the relevant exemptions you will need to register as a food business with your LA. To find out whether these exemptions apply to you or not and to register as a food business, you will need to contact your LA. For contact details for your LA, please visit our website at contact your Local Authority