Search for a local authority

Report an issue such as poor hygiene in a food outlet or a trading standards issue such as mislabelling.

If you are planning to start a new catering business, you must register your premises with the environmental health service at your local authority at least 28 days before opening.

Environmental Health Officers handle complaints about food quality, hygiene and safety issues.

Trading Standards Officers handle complaints about food labelling, ingredients, and weights and measures.

In Scotland and Northern Ireland, Environmental Health Officers deal with all food law enforcement matters.

To find out who to contact, enter your street, town or postcode below. If the issue relates to an area away from your home, please enter the postcode relating to that area. The results are given in order of distance from the location entered. Due to local authority boundaries, the first result may sometimes not be the authority that has jurisdiction.

Search for a local authority

Select the appropriate option
Then enter the details of the business