Lord Blencathra has been a Member of the House of Lords since 2011. He is the Chair of the Delegated Powers and Regulatory Reform Committee, Vice Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for the Wine and Spirits Industry, and serves on the Council of Europe. He is also the Deputy Chair of Natural England.
Lord Blencathra was a Member of Parliament from 1983 to 2011 during which time he served as a Minister in the Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food, the Department of the Environment and the Home Office.
- Member of the House of Lords. Paid on a daily attendance basis.
- Deputy Chair of Natural England
Directorships whether paid or not.
Income, recognition or benefits
Any business, professional or public activities or interests that provides a regular source of income, recognition or some other benefit.
Organisations, clubs or bodies
Membership of public bodies, trusteeship of a charity or other public or private trust, or membership, role or affiliation to clubs or organisations.
- Board member of the Joint Nature Conservation Committee. Unpaid but my appointment to the JNCC is because I am the Deputy Chair of NE.
- Member of the House of Lords Liaison Committee.
- Vice Chair of the All Pary Parliamentary Group for the Wine and Spirits Industry.
- Delegate to the Council of Europe. Unpaid but the House of Lords covers expenses and attendance.
- Hon Vice President Penrith Agricultural Society.
- Member Penrith & The Border Conservative Association
- Member Westminster Conservative Association
- Member Association of Conservative Peers
Shares and investments
Any shareholdings other than those held by a unit trust or similar arrangements where the Board member has no influence on the management of the shares.