Skip to main content

Privacy notice - Animal Feed Third Country Representation List

Information on our Animal Feed Third Country Representation List privacy policy, why we require data, what we do with the data and your rights.

Why we need it

The Food Standards Agency is what is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data provided to us. The personal information we hold on you consists of the name and address of your business. The Food Standards Agency obtains this information from your local authority.

We need to collect this information for the purposes of fulfilling our statutory obligations under Article 24 of Regulation (EC) No 183/2005 laying down requirements for feed hygiene and Article 6 of Directive 98/51/EC laying down certain measures for implementing Council Directive 95/69/EC. These details are required to be published.  We will not collect any personal data which we do not need.

What we do with it

We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to carry out these functions, and in line with our retention policy.  This means this information will be retained for as long as a business remains registered and/or approved as a 3rd Country Representative.  Historical lists of registered and/or approved businesses are retained for 6 years.

All the personal data we process is located on servers within the European Union. Our cloud based services have been procured through the government framework agreements and these services have been assessed against the national cyber security centre cloud security principles.

No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.

Your rights

You have a right to see the information we hold on you by making a request in writing to the email address below. If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to have it corrected. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.

If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).