Health certificate for farmed game animals
Any food business operator farming game must comply with the guidance set out in this page.
The food business operator or farmer must fill in a health certificate to certify:
- information about the animal
- date and time of slaughter
- farmed game animals/ratites that were slaughtered and bled correctly
This information is required as part of the whole chain and farm-to-fork approach to food safety. It is required by the Hygiene Regulation that sets out the hygiene rules for food of animal origin.
The information in the model certificate brings together the:
- certificate results of the ante mortem inspection
- food chain information
- certification that farmed game animals and ratites were slaughtered and bled correctly
- confirmation of the date and time of slaughter