Cathal has been immersed in the Northern Ireland food industry for the past 20 years. He started out working on the family Quality Assured Beef Farm and has worked as a Meat Technologist at the College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise. He works as a member of the Senior Leadership and Strategic Team for one of Ireland's largest Food-to-Go manufacturers and exporters.
He is a fellow of the Institute of Food Science and Technology and specialises in food safety, quality management systems, process automation and sustainable food production.
Cathal sits on the British Sandwich Association Management Committee and Listeria Advisory Committee which help set Industry Standards for product safety, quality, packaging and advises the NHS in patient feeding in hospitals.
Consultancies and/or direct employment
- Delilites Ireland Ltd – Senior leadership and strategic team member
- British Sandwich Association – management committee member
Fee Paid Work
Clubs and other organisations
- Belleeks GFC
Other Personal Interests
- Forest Walks and 5km runs
- Fellow of the Institute of Food Science and Technology
Land and Property
Other public appointments
Other non-personal interests
- Cathal assists on his family beef farm where his father is the named farmer.