Dr Lynne McMullan - Member of the Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee
Outlines the professional history and qualifications of the members of the Northern Ireland Food Advisory Committee.
Lynne’s range of responsibilities are an indication of the breadth of experience she has within and across the world of education. Lynne is a former teacher, head of department, vice-principal of a large post-primary school, teaching fellow of Ulster University and Managing Inspector for Food Science and Nutrition, School Improvement, Pastoral Care and Safeguarding within the Education and Training Inspectorate.
Lynne’s principle interests are in educating children and young people to become well informed in all matters relating to food and in supporting them to develop as autonomous and ethically responsible consumers. As an Inspector, she led the development of the Department of Education’s Food in Schools Policy and Programme in response to Government concerns relating to escalating levels of childhood obesity.
A strong feature of her current work as an education consultant is her focus on supporting schools in child-centred education, in leadership professional development and in school development planning. Among the many key achievements of her career is that of being nominated by her pupils to the BBC for her ability to understand and to resolve complex pastoral issues in schools.
Consultancies and/or direct employment
- Education Associate: Council for Catholic Maintained Schools.
- Adviser: Education Authority Boards of Governors and School Principals. Performance Review and Staff Development.
- Education Consultant to individual schools when requested, consulting on food and nutrition, leadership development, team building, learning and teaching, pastoral care and safeguarding, school development planning.
Fee Paid Work
- External Examiner for Ulster University PGCE Home Economics (concluded).
Clubs and other organisations
Other Personal Interests
- Appointed to Board of Governors as EA representative: Bloomfield Collegiate School Belfast (voluntary).
Land and Property
Other public appointments
Other non-personal interests