Skip to main content

Privacy notice for records from the G01, G02 and G03 research programmes

Information on the privacy policy for records from the G01, G02 and G03 research programmes, why we require data, what we do with the data and your rights.

The Food Standards Agency will be what is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data provided to us.

Why we need it

We needed to collect this information (specifically, name, organisation name and address, telephone number and email address) for the purposes of assessing bids for research funding and managing research projects commissioned under these research programmes.

In order to manage projects commissioned under the G01, G02 and G03 research programmes we have collected information (specifically name, organisation name and address and email address). This was included in some of the final project reports held in the FSA’s research reports repository with your consent. It was also used for the purpose of managing data access requests under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

You have consented to provide information in order to manage your bids and any research funding or contract granted by the FSA, but are able to withdraw your consent at any time by getting in touch with us.

What we do with it

We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to carry out these functions and in line with our retention policy. 

All the personal data we process is located on servers within the European Union. Our cloud based services have been procured through the government framework agreements and these services have been assessed against the national cyber security centre cloud security principles.

No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. In line with this commitment your information may be passed to other relevant departments with an interest in GM issues.

Your rights 

You have a right to see the information we hold on you by making a request in writing to the email address below. If at any point you believe the information we hold on you is incorrect you can request to have it corrected. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.

If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).