We know that for food to be safe and what it says it is, you need to be able to access the information you need easily, which is why we have been developing the new beta.food.gov.uk.
Over the past year our teams have been working to:
- Redesign our website to be more engaging and easier to use.
- Overhaul our consumer and business guidance so that you can find and understand key information.
- Develop a new contact service, so that your query or report gets to the right team or department first time.
- Develop a new food and allergy alerts service, powered by APIs, to get information about food recalls and withdrawals to you as quickly as possible.
- Build the website so that it works as seamlessly whether you are on your phone, tablet or computer.
- Later this year, we will also be launching the new Food Hygiene Rating service that makes it faster for consumers to find the FHRS rating of a business, and also helps businesses display their food hygiene rating on their own websites and apps.