This research found that SME FBOs are largely confident that they can find and access the information they need on food safety and hygiene regulations (86%).
However, 35% agree they would like more help and information on what to do. Perceptions of the FSA were largely positive:
- 87% stated we are trustworthy, honest and reliable
- 73% agreed that we make legislation changes clear to businesses
- 73% said they get the information they need to run their business with good food hygiene standards
- 22% had tried to contact us in the past six months; the most common reason for contacting was to query or check their understanding of regulations
- 55% said they would prefer to receive a leaflet from us about legislation changes and 40% would prefer an email