Beef meatballs with tomato sauce
An Italian dish which is easy to make for friends and family, served with pasta.
Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200 grams lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs
- 200 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 100 grams fresh or frozen pepper, chopped
- Mix a quarter of the chopped onion and garlic with the mince.
- Shape the mince into small balls about half the size of a golf ball.
- Heat the oil and fry the meatballs in a pan until browned all over.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining onion to the pan and cook until soft.
- Add the remaining garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, mushrooms, peppers and meatballs to the pan.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or boiled rice.
|Each serving provides||Amount in grams|
|Energy||741 kilojoules/176 kilocalories|
Typical values per 100g: Energy 252kJ/60kilocalories
The information stated above is based on each serving of beef meatballs with tomato sauce and excludes suggested accompaniments.
Read more on our Healthy recipes page.