Pasta with tuna and beans
Add some fibre to your diet with this tasty dish, packed with pasta, tuna and beans.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 360 grams dried pasta shapes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tin beans, such as kidney beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Small tin of tuna in water, drained
- Cook the tomatoes, onion and garlic in a saucepan for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, boil the pasta for about 10 minutes, following the instructions on the packet (don’t add any salt).
- Season the tomatoes with paprika, stir in the drained beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tuna and stir gently to heat through for a few minutes.
- Then, pour the tuna sauce over the pasta and serve with salad.
Handy tip: Alternative recipe: Leave the beans out. Add chopped courgette, mushrooms or carrots. Use fresh or dried herbs such as basil or oregano. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes or olives (but note both will add salt to the recipe).
|Each serving provides||Amount in grams|
|Energy||1682 kilojoules/397 kilocalories|
Typical values per 100g: Energy 662kJ/156 kilocalories
The nutritional information stated above is based on each serving of Pasta with Tuna and Beans and excludes suggested accompaniments.
Read more on our Healthy recipes page.