Beca is a Welsh food writer, cook, broadcaster and author. Born and raised in Cardiff with farming family in west Wales, after graduating in 2005 she moved to London to work within the arts and charitable sector. She is a proud military wife to her husband Matthew and a mother to two young girls.
Since becoming a semi-finalist on The Great British Bake Off in 2013, Beca has had her own cookery series on S4C - Becws and Parti Bwyd Beca. She regularly appears on BBC Radio Wales and Radio Cymru discussing a variety of food related topics.
Beca is a Chef Consultant at Borough Market in London where she regularly leads cookery demonstrations as well as writing content and recipes for the market’s website and magazine.
She has recently gone back to university to study Human Nutrition and Dietetics at Cardiff Metropolitan University and if life wasn’t already busy enough, Beca also enjoys taking part in endurance events and has completed seven marathons to date as well as an ultra-marathon.
Consultancies and/or direct employment
- Chef Consultant Borough Market, London
- Ambassador for Healthy Weight : Healthy Wales, Welsh Government campaign
- Self-employed cook, food writer and broadcaster
- Written, photographed and filmed a number of recipes to promote Welsh seafood through ‘Port to Plate’/ ‘Porth i’r Plât’
Member of British Dietetic Association Wales Board
- Published author with Gomer (bilingual cookery book and second book in planning stages)
Clubs and other organisations
Full time Nutrition & Dietetics student at Cardiff Metropolitan University
Other personal interests
Land and property
Other non-personal interests