Privacy notice - Monitoring levels of acrylamide and furans

Information on our Annual Surveillance to Monitor the Levels of Acrylamide and Furans privacy policy, why we require data, what we do with the data and your rights.

Why we need it

The FSA will be what is known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data provided to us. We need to collect this information which is necessary for the performance of the statutory duties of the FSA as part of the annual surveillance to monitor the levels of acrylamide and furans in UK retail foods. We will not collect any personal data from you which we do not need.

What we do with it

We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to carry out these functions, and in line with our retention policy. This means that this information will be retained for a maximum of 5 years from receipt.

All the personal data we process is located on servers within the European Union. Our cloud based services have been procured through the government framework agreements and these services have been assessed against the national cyber security centre cloud security principles.

No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. In line with this commitment your information may be passed to; Premier Analytical Services, Lincoln Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3QS. Your information may be used solely by Premier Analytical Services to enable them following the analysis of the collected sample, to complete an acrylamide and furans spreadsheet of sample results which is then sent only to the FSA.  

The FSA will sometimes share data with other government departments, public bodies and organisations which perform public functions to assist them in the performance of their statutory duties or when it is in the public interest.

Your rights

You have a right to see the information we hold on you by making a request in writing to the email address below. If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to have it corrected. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.

If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).