Work culture at the FSA
We offer fully flexible working arrangements and a commitment to work-life balance because we believe this enables our people to work most effectively.
Flexible ways of working (including the option to be fully home-based) and digital tools that facilitate remote working mean we enjoy high levels of staff engagement and help us attract and retain the best talent.
In 2019 we won the ‘Innovation in Flexible Working’ Award at the workingmums.co.uk Top Employer Awards. This was in recognition of the fact that our flexible policies and practices are truly innovative and break new ground.
In 2017 we brought in a programme to set the gold standard for flexible working:
- We relocated our office in London, renovated our workspace in York and Cardiff, and opened a new site in Birmingham
- We brought in new contracts for staff (office-based, home-enabled or multi-location) and transformed our IT to enable remote working
- We gave staff the opportunity to have a better work-life balance by giving them choice about what part of the day/evening or weekend they prefer to work
Our ways of working in numbers
- 69% of staff said they are more satisfied
- 75% of staff said they are more likely to stay working at the FSA
- 80% of staff said they are more productive
- £2.2m saved by changing office space
Our Oh wow! Our Ways of Working blog explores how we introduced the smarter working programme.