Implementation of the Official Controls Regulations - Northern Ireland
Consultation seeking stakeholders’ views on the implementation the Official Controls Regulation in relation to the FSA's areas of responsibility for food and feed law and animal health and welfare in Northern Ireland.
Who will this consultation be of most interest to?
- Local authority and port health authority food and feed enforcement officers as well as any other body responsible for undertaking official controls.
- Food or feed business operators that import food and feed products into the EU.
- Food business operators approved under Regulation (EC) 853/2004.
What is the subject of this consultation?
The Official Controls Regulation (EU) 2017/625 (OCR) takes effects, and will be directly applicable in Northern Ireland, on 14 December 2019.
The OCR addresses official controls, and other official activities, performed to ensure the application of food and feed law rules on animal health and welfare, plant health and plant protection products.
This consultation focuses on the implementation of legislation in Northern Ireland to provide for the execution of powers and enforcement of the OCR only in relation to the FSA areas of responsibility for food and feed law and animal health and welfare.
What is the purpose of this consultation?
To seek stakeholder views and comment in relation to:
- The proposed implementation of the Northern Ireland legislation to provide for the execution of powers and enforcement of the OCR in relation to the FSA areas of responsibility for food and feed law and animal health and welfare.
- Our assessment of the impacts associated with the implementation of the legislation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland in relation to FSA areas of responsibility only.
Comments and views
Please send any comments and views to:
Executive Support Unit
Food Standards Agency in Northern
10a-c Clarendon Road
Tel: 028 9041 7700
Publication of response summary
Within three months of a consultation ending we aim to publish a summary of responses received and provide a link to it from this page.
You can find information on how we handle data provided in response to consultations in our Consultations privacy notice.
This consultation has been prepared in accordance with HM Government Consultation Principles. If an Impact Assessment has been produced, this is included in the consultation documents. If no Impact Assessment has been provided, the reason will be given in the consultation document.