New websites have been created for the FSA’s independent scientific advisory committees to help ensure we remain open and transparent about our science.
The committees are:
- Advisory Committee on Animal Feeding Stuffs (ACAF)
- Advisory Committee on Novel Foods and Processes (ACNFP)
- Advisory Committee for the Microbiological Safety of Food (ACMSF)
- Advisory Committee on Social Science (ACSS)
- Committee on Toxicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment (COT)
- The Science Council (Science Council)
In addition to the six committee websites we have also launched a new SAC hub.
The refreshed websites and hub are fully accessible, offer improved search functionality and allow for the publication of cross-committee documents being considered by the SACs.
The SACs provide an essential part to our risk analysis process to ensure that the high standards of food safety and consumer protection we enjoy in the UK is maintained.
The role of science and the committees in the risk analysis process was covered in the latest Chief Scientific Adviser's (CSA) report.