Caribbean black bean and red pepper salsa
A spicy and refreshing salsa, full of flavour and great for picnics.
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 tin black beans or red kidney beans, drained
- half a cucumber, finely chopped
- 100g sweetcorn
- 250g fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- quarter of a teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Simply toss the salad ingredients in the dressing and leave to stand for one hour in the fridge to allow the flavours to develop.
|Each serving provides||Amount in grams|
|Energy||511 kilojoules/122 kilocalories|
Typical values per 100g: Energy 259kJ/62kcal.
Read more on our Healthy recipes page.
Published: 23 August 2022
Last updated: 12 October 2023