In addition comments are sought on draft guidance on the Regulations as they will be amended by the proposed regulations
About this consultation
Consultation target audience
Producers of Natural Mineral Water, Spring Water and Bottled Drinking Water. Enforcement Authorities responsible for the enforcement of the Regulations in this sector.
Subject of this consultation
In 2015 all regulation on bottled water of any description was consolidated into the Natural Mineral Water, Spring Water and Bottled Drinking Water (Northern Ireland) Regulations 2015 (“the 2015 Regulations”). A subsequent EU instrument and enquiries into the application of the 2015 Regulations necessitate amending the 2015 Regulations. The FSA has also drafted guidance on the 2015 Regulations (as to be amended by the proposed Regulations) for comment.
Purpose of this consultation
To seek the views of stakeholders on the proposed amendments to the 2015 Regulations, including:
- Transposition of Commission Directive 2015/1787 removing the requirement for check and audit monitoring for spring water and bottled drinking water
- Amendment of regulation 2 on definitions of “fluoride removal treatment” and “ozone-enriched air treatment”
- Amendment of regulation 13 on sale of natural mineral water
- Clarification of regulation 15 on the disinfection of spring water
- Amendment of regulation 17 on the advertising of spring water
- Amendment of regulation 18 on the sale of spring water Amendment of Schedule 3 to meet the requirements of Directive 2009/54
- Amendment of parameters in Schedule 7 to match Directive 98/83
- Amendment of Schedule 9 to clarify period of exemption
To seek comments on draft guidance on the 2015 Regulations as amended by the proposed Regulations.
Publication of response summary Within three months of a consultation ending we aim to publish a summary of responses received and provide a link to it from this page.
Publication of response summary
Within three months of a consultation ending we aim to publish a summary of responses received and provide a link to it from this page.
You can find information on how we handle data provided in response to consultations in our Consultations privacy notice.
This consultation has been prepared in accordance with HM Government Consultation Principles. If an Impact Assessment has been produced, this is included in the consultation documents. If no Impact Assessment has been provided, the reason will be given in the consultation document.