Committees of the FSA Board
The FSA Board appointed an Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and Business Committee to exercise some of its responsibilities and to advise it on others.
The Business Committee exists to provide appropriate high-level oversight of financial and operational matters at Board level and support the translation of policy into effective results.
The meetings are open unless there are issues that need to be discussed in private because of the following reasons:
- the meetings relate to issues that are commercial and in confidence
- are the subject of live negotiations in which the public interest could be adversely affected
- are related to individuals
Audit and Risk Assurance Committee
The Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (ARAC) is a committee of the FSA Board.
ARAC is responsible for reviewing, in a non-executive capacity, the reliability of assurances on governance, risk management and the control environment. It is also responsible for reviewing the integrity of financial statements and the Food Standards Agency Annual Report and Accounts.
- Emily Miles – Chief Executive, FSA
- Tara Smith – Director of Finance
Published: 5 August 2019
Last updated: 16 November 2022