FSA Board Meetings
We are a non-Ministerial government department so we are governed by a Board, rather than directly by Ministers.
As transparency is a guiding principle for the Food Standards Agency and key to maintaining public confidence, you are able to watch our board meetings.
Video of the most recent FSA Board and Business Committee Meetings
Register to watch FSA Board Meetings
You can view meetings to see the Board's discussions about our policies.
The FSA Board holds its meetings in public and publishes meeting agendas, papers and decisions.
You need to register to view a Board meeting.
Submit a question to the FSA Board
The FSA Board welcomes questions on the papers being considered at each of its meetings.
We are keen to ensure, as far as is practical, that questions are addressed in the discussion at the Board meeting so it is important that queries are kept as concise and focused as possible.
You can submit a question on the papers being discussed up to 5pm on the Monday before the Board meeting. After this date, you will not be able to submit questions and the form will close. Questions for the Board meeting will also receive a written reply within 20 working days of the Board meeting. Replies will be published on the relevant FSA Board Meeting page.
If you have a question within the FSA’s remit that does not relate to a paper on the FSA Board meeting agenda, please use our contact us page.
The form for submitting questions is now open: Submit your question to the FSA Board Meeting December 2023.
Upcoming FSA Board Meetings
FSA Board meets every quarter.
The next scheduled meetings are on:
- 13 December 2023 - FSA Board Meeting - Bristol
- 20 March 2024 - FSA Board Meeting - Location TBC
- 19 June 2024 - FSA Board Meeting - Location TBC
- 18 September 2024 - FSA Board Meeting - Location TBC
- 11 December 2024 - FSA Board Meeting - Location TBC
Previous FSA Board and Business Committee Meetings
You can watch recordings of previous FSA Board meetings on YouTube and find minutes, board papers, and agendas for the following meetings on our website.
- FSA Board and Business Committee - December 2022
- FSA Business Committee - September 2022
- FSA Board - September 2022
- FSA Board and Business Committee - June 2022
- FSA Board and Business Committee - March 2022
- FSA Board and Business Committee - December 2021
- FSA Board and Business Committee - September 2021
- FSA Board and Business Committee - June 2021
- FSA Board and Business Committee - May 2021
- FSA Business Committee - March 2021
- FSA Board - March 2021
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Board and Business Committee meetings were held online and mostly on separate days.
- FSA Business Committee - December 2020
- FSA Board - December 2020
- FSA Board - November 2020
- FSA Business Committee - September 2020
- FSA Board - September 2020
- FSA Board - August 2020
- FSA Board and Business Committee - June 2020
- FSA Board and Business Committee - March 2020
- FSA Board and Business Committee - January 2020
The National Archives hosts information on earlier meetings:
Committees of the FSA Board
The FSA Board appointed an Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (ARAC) and Business Committee to exercise some of its responsibilities and to advise it on others.
How the FSA Board is governed
- Members of the FSA Board: Including attendance records, engagements, and expenses
- Code of conduct, standing orders, and terms of reference for the FSA Board
Published: 26 October 2021
Last updated: 30 November 2023