How the FSA has prepared for the UK leaving the EU and the end of the transition
Leaving the EU has not changed our top priority which is to ensure that UK food remains safe and what it says it is.
Our high standard of food safety and consumer protection will be maintained. We are committed to having in place a robust and effective regulatory regime which will mean business can continue as normal. For most food businesses, there will be no change in how they are regulated and how they are run.
- General food law
- Food labelling
- Health marks on meat, fish and dairy products
- Importing high-risk food and feed
- Animal feed law, animal feed additives, GM in animal feed
- Third country representation for animal feed businesses
- Placing a new regulated product on the market
- Regulated products guidance
- Read about our food and animal feed safety risk analysis
Relevant FSA Board meetings
|Month of meeting
Published: 27 October 2021
Last updated: 12 September 2023