Safer food, better business (SFBB)
Food safety management procedures and food hygiene regulations for small businesses.
As a food business, you and your staff need to have good personal hygiene. This fact sheet gives you information how to make sure both your staff and the food you serve are safe.
England, Northern Ireland and Wales
Safer Food, Better Business (SFBB) packs include information on:
- using the diary
The practical and easy-to-use packs will help you to:
- comply with food hygiene regulations
- show what you do to make food safely
- train staff
- protect your business's reputation
- improve your business
- improve your food hygiene rating score
For childminders, residential care homes and training resources for college - each individual SFBB pack has specific information for the different requirements that you will need to know.
We provide Safer Food, Better Business information packs for:
- Indian cuisine
- Chinese cuisine in English
- Chinese cuisine in Cantonese
- residential care homes
- teaching resources for colleges
For each individual pack, you can download the full pack or download specific sections as you need them.
How to use the diary
Store all your completed diary pages safely until your next visit from a local authority food safety officer. This can be done electronically or with printed copies. They may want to look at your diary pages as well as your SFBB pack.
You have two options:
- keep an electronic diary – download the diary pages onto your device, fill them in and store them electronically
- print the diary and fill it in
There is also a diary refill that you can use when you need more pages.
You can print out the diary refill separately if you only need that part of the pack. This version can be also filled-in electronically and allows you to download the diary pages onto your device.