Research exploring how a regulator can communicate food risk most effectively in modern society.
During 2019-20 we have commissioned a programme of research to help us design a toolkit for risk communicators.
There are multiple elements to this project, including:
- Desk research to review the academic literature as well as current and past government frameworks relevant to communicating risk around food
- Testing and validation of findings and recommendations from the literature review with intermediaries (e.g. journalists and bloggers) and communications practitioners from similar organisations
- Primary research with consumers to develop and test risk perception, channel, format, messenger and messaging frameworks (in field now)
- Testing of the toolkit and recommendations with the end users – communications practitioners in the FSA (next month)
- Development of a toolkit and recommendations for how this might best integrated into the organisational practices of the FSA